Sunday, April 15, 2007

#94 Hear It From The Teenagers

Nagging doesn't help. It only escalates the problem. Sure, I ain't perfect. But what makes you think the problems will magically disappear when you tell me that sleeping late is bad, that I should eat even while I have no apetite, repeating it a dozen times over a span of 5 minutes? I don't even think you notice I'm feeling ill, as the cause of my loss of apetite. If after living for 50 years on Earth hasn't drilled it in you, then I'll repeat it for your sake; Repeating only reminds and irritates. It doesn't provide a solution. Give me an answer and I'll work on it. Tell me I've got a problem and I'll wonder, don't YOU have other problems of your own?

And it doesn't help that you are my mother, having one of the most pivotal influences in my life. It isn't that I ain't showing you respect. You aren't using it wisely. And respect, can be lost. I'm not a robot. If you want one, go get one. I refuse to be your robot.

Don't do what most parents do just by going with the flow. Expend a little more effort into it. Who knows, you might help us and yourself more. Talk about us being lazy and irresponsible, what about your half-hearted attempts at understanding us?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home