Monday, June 11, 2007

#102 Down Memory Lane

Its been far too long since I took time off with nature. So I took an approximately 1 hour walk along my neighbourhood, breathing in the night air. Everything's becoming more and more rushed, last minute and in a blur for the first time in a long while I felt at peace. The trail from my secondary school to my home brought back memories; of heaving my 10kg school bag (I was lazy to pack according to the schedule so I brought everything needed for the term) to and from school. I remembered racing home. I never did like crowds, so I rarely hit the malls. I remembered the small area we used to play street soccer, the result of which was holes at the knee-area on my upper secondary long pants. I also remember the times I'd take my bike past on fortnightly midnight expeditions to CCK.

And then when I reached home, the rush came back.

It just sucks not knowing where to go and how to get there and still be expected to follow.

Everything's not the same. Nothing's normal. Don't act like it is.

I have a penchant for running away from everything. Hiding behind that loathsome mask. Trying very much for the well-meaning attention to pass me by so I do not have to explain every single detail as if my life is under scrutiny.

I need air. But I don't to be thrown down a 20th storey building.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home